It is important and necessary to wipe out all the data from your iPhone just before you’re selling it to any stranger, even in case you’re giving it to someone you know then also factory reset is the best option available to erase all your personal data stored on your iPhone or iPad. You never know the intention of the buyer or to someone else you’re giving your phone as your personal information can be compromised and even the user gets a hold on your social media accounts as well.
However, factory data reset also resolves the technical issues with your phone and helps you to get rid of problems like hanging, crashing or anything else.
But make sure to take a proper backup just before you reset your device as without a proper backup you will end up losing all sorts of important information stored in your device.
How To Factory Reset iPhone And iPad
Whether you’re a new user of iPhone or selling your old iPhone to someone else, then in case if you don’t know how to factory reset your iPhone, you simply can follow the steps as mentioned below to complete the process without any difficulties:
- Before you start the factory reset process on your iPhone, take a backup of your important data store on your iPhone or iPad device.
- In order to take a backup in iCloud, just tap on “settings” then select the option “iCloud” and then tap on “backup”. You need to take the latest backup in your iCloud just to ensure that all your data will get properly backed up.
- After taking a successful backup you can now proceed towards factory reset process.
- First, you need to open the “settings” menu in order to factory reset your iPhone or iPad.
- Now go to “general” option where you will find several options, you need to tap the “reset” option which will erase the data stored in your phone.
- In the next step, you have to tap on the option “erase all content and settings” to remove all the data and settings stored in your device.
- In case your phone is secured with any passcode or patterns then you need to enter the details, just after you enter the correct details you will get a red warning box containing the option to erase your iPhone or iPad.
- In the next step, you have to fill the details of your Apple ID and password just to confirm the factory reset action.
- Now your phone will start the process of deleting all the data stored in its internal storage and transform itself in a device just like you’ve purchased it from the company.
- Now you can hand over the device to any buyer or even take it to mobile repairing store in case there are major technical issues in it.
So here’s how you can reset your iOS device with the help of factory data reset option available in your device after you reset your device you can sort out some minor issues with your phone which initially affect the performance of your phone.
Read This Also: AirDrop: Easily Transfer Data Between Your iPhone, Mac, and iPad
Even factory data reset clears all the junk and trash files from your device and transforms it in the new model just like we purchase a new one from Apple store. Read our blog for more articles like this.